Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fantastic Fishing..


It was a beautiful day when Dave, Dad and I went for a fish. When we got out to the mark which was 73 meters deep, Dave and I had a bet whoever got the biggest snapper won $2.
We were waiting and waiting and waiting with our big baits on the sea bed. We ended up catching lots and lots of little snapper but then the big ones came. I brought up a 6 pounder from 73 meters, she was a beauty. Dad was excited, it was a mission and a half getting it up to the boat. When we got it up, we straight away put it in my hands and took a picture then put it in the chili bin.
Ten minutes later I saw Dave struggling with something... It turned out he was reeling in an 8 pounder! I was so annoyed, I had to owe him $2.
After that we went home and and filleted them, Mum cooked a nice fish pie for tea and I said to Dad "Thanks for taking me fishing!"

By Reuben

1 comments:

Mrs Brown (Room 3) said...

Yum, snapper - well worth the effort of reeling in those big catches Reuben. Congratulations on the big catch and the great story. If you bring a photo to school then come to Room 3 and share it with us. We would love to see it.

Post a Comment